Online Web Evaluator - United Kingdom
||Search Engine Evaluation
More information about this job:
Are you looking for a job which gives you the freedom to suit your lifestyle, with part-time hours that suit you, which you can complete when you choose, from anywhere? Then consider becoming a Search Engine Evaluator at iSoftStone. We offer a real work-life balance, with competitive pay rates and a flexible schedule, and we provide free training for the position – all you need is yourself!
Search engines require maintenance to ensure results and performance are up-to-date and optimal for search engine users. As a Search Engine Evaluator, you are responsible for rating the content returned by search engines so that these results stay relevant. Your main asset is your in-depth local knowledge of your own country’s current events, pop culture, news, media and history. You do not need any technical skills to complete the work for this position, we provide free training to learn the tasks involved. This is an ongoing, long-term project, and gives you experience working with one of the world’s leading software companies.
iSoftStone (NYSE: ISS) is an award-winning global consulting and IT outsourcing firm. Our delivery model utilizes the power of people working from home to give the highest value to our clients in the technology industry, who seek to specialize their products to reach global markets. For more information on our company, you are welcome to visit us at isoftstone.com.
- Query search engines based on a pre-defined list of key words and websites
- Research and use critical thinking skills to determine the relevancy of results
- Rank results based on a standard rating scheme
- Contribute your local knowledge to improve the relevancy of the result for the UK market
- To participate in this project successfully, you should:
- Have an awareness of and broad interest in the UK contemporary culture, including topics such as news, media, business, sports, leisure and entertainment
- Possess an interest in working co-operatively as part of a global community who collaborate to improve and develop technology and internet services
- Be proficient in English, both verbal and written
- Reside permanently in the UK
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a responsible, results-driven and detail-oriented employee who can work without supervision
- Have time management skills to work effectively in flexible schedule conditions
- Possess general proficiency skills in computer and application operations
Additionally, you will need:
- A personal computer running Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 (Windows XP, older Windows OS or other OS are not compatible with the software required for this project)
- Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer versions 9 or higher
- A screen resolution of at least 1024x768 pixels; we recommend higher resolutions to improve your judging experience
- An adequate amount of RAM for high-volume internet use (we recommend at least 2GB)
- Functional sound card and speakers
- High-speed broadband internet connection (DSL or Cable, not dial-up)
- As an independent contractor for iSoftStone, you stand to gain:
- A highly competitive hourly rate
- A stable source of income with 10-25 hours’ of work available per week
- A flexible schedule that allows work to fit in to your lifestyle
If this sounds like the perfect match for you, then we welcome your application. Please note that there is a training period and test for this position before you are qualified to start working. The training is administered by our project managers who will provide you with all the material needed to be successful in the job. We value your persistence and diligence during this training period.